Kova International, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Controller to be a part of our Management Team. Kova International located in Garden Grove, California is a manufacturer of high quality Controls and disposable Plastics for Clinical Laboratories and Hospitals globally. Biochemical Diagnostics (a subsidiary of Kova International) located in Long Island, New York manufactures Forensic and Toxicology products used in Clinical and Toxicology Laboratories.
Our culture inspires profit, growth, enthusiasm and professionalism with our people, suppliers and customers. This is a unique opportunity with excellent growth for an exceptional individual.
The Controller has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing all financial-related activities of the company. This individual will lead, enhance and develop a system of financial controls and reporting to include monitoring and reporting of financial performance relative to budget, product costing, contribution margin analysis, monthly and year- end financial reports. This individual also has responsibility for the Human Resources and Payroll functions of the Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the company financial records.
- Responsible and accountable for all areas relating to financial reporting including, monthly, quarterly and annual financial close and reporting process (internal and external).
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Work with the external audit team to ensure that annual audit is completed on time and successfully.
- Responsible for ensuring that all tax returns are completed and filed on time as well as statutory deadlines are met.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with management team, to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve financial performance.
- Manage and prepare various standard and ad hoc reports for the President and other senior managers.
- Perform inter-company and other account analysis and schedules.
- Provide strong leadership, management, and mentorship of accounting staff.
- Provide financial leadership to the management team.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BA/BS degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of accounting experience in the manufacturing, with at least 2 years as Controller.
- Financial reporting and job costing in a standard cost environment experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of US GAAP including foreign exchange and consolidations accounting. CPA preferred.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting financial data and statements and developing financial plans and reports to help manage, improve, and grow operations.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills and hands on knowledge of ERP systems required (QAD preferred).