Biochemical Diagnostics (“BCD”), a division of Kova International, Inc. (“Kova”, based in Brentwood, Long Island provides drug and alcohol testing professionals with the best-in-class drug of abuse controls and SPE columns in the industry today. The Company is a division of Kova, an international manufacturer of IVD Medical Devices based in Garden Grove, California.
Reporting to the CEO, the Plant Manager will oversee all day-to-day aspects of production and product supply including, supply chain, manufacturing, testing, facility and production laboratory activities including quality control. The successful candidate will be responsible for meeting production objectives of on time delivery, first pass yield and cost control. In addition, the Plant Manager will be the senior executive at BCD and will be responsible for guiding and overseeing the division’s workforce.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leadership and direction for manufacturing products for the Forensic, Research and Clinical markets under FDA license and ISO certification.
- Lead the transition from niche manufacturing to distribution fulfillment.
- Developing the workforce, coordinating activities with customer service and sales, controlling inventory and maintaining the Long Island facility.
- Confers with the CEO and BCD leadership personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning related to production and overall plant operations’ performance.
- Drive the culture of the operation and set the tone by demonstrating ownership and accountability for company performance.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Production and delivery of weekly and monthly dashboard reports reflecting the health of the company and the status of initiatives.
- Monitors overall plant performance from a production and profitability standpoint related to company financial budgets/forecasts
General Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS from accredited institution or a minimum of 10 years operational management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role in manufacturing in a regulated environment.
- S&OP process development
- Demonstrated success in team building & employee development.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt/Black Belt)
- Significant experience in lean principles such as 5S, value stream mapping, Kanban & continuous flow.
- Supply Chain operational experience
- Experience managing distribution fulfillment
- S&OP process development
- Bilingual; English/Spanish
- Advanced degree in Business, Chemistry, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain